Monday, July 27, 2009

Tea with Grapes!

6" X 6" oil on canvas

Those darn grapes just keep popping up everywhere! LOL! Another quick study on canvas. I'm not sure if I will even call this done. I wanted to limit my painting time so I stopped here. I kind of like it right now, but I will decide tomorrow. Sometimes you need to step a way for awhile to really get an idea of what it needs or if its fine. Because this is small, I really didnt't want to much detail and I wanted it to be more expressive.I think I am really starting to favor the hardwood boards to paint on instead of canvas now!

4 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

Really like this pretty purple palette. You did a great job on the rim of that cup!

Beverly Zajac-Larsen said...

Thank You Gwen! I am so glad you like the rim, I really wanted to keep it delicate!

HightonRidley said...

I love the choice of colours you've made, they really caught my eye. I'm looking forward to coming back more often!

Beverly Zajac-Larsen said...

Thank You Highton-Ridley! I may add more contrasting colors, but I will let it sit for a while and revisit it later with a fresh eye.